Madhya Pradesh has released the Request for Proposal (RFPs) for Power Distribution Franchisee in 9 districts. See our earlier blog.
In order to have more ground learning of the local area, our team member visited the Gwalior city & interacted with utility Engineers and Lineman to capture their perspective of electricity utilization.
Following are the few excerpts:-
- There are about 120 11Kv feeders in city circle, out of which 40-50 feeders have more than 60% losses because of only one primary reason i.e. theft.
- Installation of New Connections has been taken seriously by District Collector and initiated steps like Lok Seva Guarantee, Jan Mitra Kendra
- Within Gwalior City, there are around 25 collection centers.
- There are 17 rural areas that comes under Gwalior Circle & each area has 1 payment collection center. In total, there are around 17-20 collection centers, with few areas has more than 1 center.
- Government has released the tender of Any Time Payment (ATP) machine for enhancement of customer services.
More details with local intelligence on all 9 MP districts is available with pManifold Distribution Franchisee practice.
Psoted by: Kunjan Bagdia @ pManifold