Bihar State Electricity Board (BSEB)
, after a long gap of nearly 2 years has come back, issuing revised Request for Proposal (RFP) for appointment of Distribution Franchisee for following areas/regions:
- PESU Area
- Muzaffarpur town and adjoining areas
- Gaya town and adjoining areas
- Bhagalpur town and adjoining areas
At last, BSEB got a final go ahead from the High Court to re-initiate its privatization initiative for Power supply, which went into long litigation detour with earlier entrusted Essar Power group. Having not received formal acceptance from Essar to its issued LOI in-time, BSEB has cancelled the bid, and issued fresh tender on Oct 22, 2012.
The model is 15 years Input Based DF, with below compared heterogeneity in Network, Consumers and Revenue. Key parameters like Consumer Base, Connected Load (MW), Unit Sales (MUs), Revenue Billed (Rs. Cr.) and Revenue Collected (Rs. Cr.)
for all the areas/regions are compared across consumer categories (broadly Residential, Commercial, Industrial (LT & HT), Irrigation).
Other important parameters like Losses, Average Billing, Collection Efficiency are shown below. Few excerpts from the same are as follows:
- Input Units is highest for PESU, followed by Muzaffarpur, Gaya and Bhagalpur
- Transmission & Distribution (T&D) losses is highest for Gaya, followed by Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur and PESU
- Collection Efficiency is least for Bhagalpur and highest for PESU
- Calculated AT&C losses is highest for Gaya, followed by Bhagalpur, PESU and Muzaffarpur.
- A pre-bid meeting is scheduled on 16th Nov, 2012.
- Last date of submission of Technical bid - 17th Dec, 2012.
We wish good turnout and rationale bidding for these new coming DF opportunities. pManifold services include for DF turnkey bid advisory including Partner Identification, Technical Due-Diligence, Financial Bid Modeling and Bid Preparation. For more details, contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Posted by: Kunjan Bagdia @ pManifold