With developing ecosystem around Distribution Franchisee model (50+ RFPs/EOIs, 22+ start/in-operations in last 2 years), and push for further new roll-outs in light of re-structuring of Discoms, there is need for a careful discussion on scaling-up of right model going forward. It is with this objective that pManifold has organised 'India Utility Knowledge and Networking (IUKAN - www.iukan.in) conference on 12th Feb, Hotel Le Meridien, Delhi'. It shall focus on 'Challenges and Best Practices in Operational Roll Outs of Power & Water Distribution PPPs'. (Download detailed Schedule for topics and Speakers, and overall Brochure).
- Mr. Ajoy Mehta (MD, MSEDCL), Mr. Mohd. Suleman (Energy Secretary, MP) and Mr. Anil Razdan (Ex. Power Secretary, GoI) will share their reforms journey, and further road map for DF (Good opportunity to influence policy & RFP changes)
- Tata Power, Enzen, Essel, Spanco, A2Z, SMS groups sharing their Bidding, Roll-outs, Loss Reduction and first year mobilisation learnings (Learn winning bid and practical operational strategies)
- SBI Caps, IDFC to share risk framework of DF model and its cash flows, and what new financial structuring will increase Debt funding sources (Get linked for your new/existing project's Debt + Equity funding)
- PTC Financial Services to share its ideas on raising an Aggregator Financial Intermediary, to align various schemes and give Guarantees for attracting primary capital market funding into DF and new PPP models (Get easy access to DF financing for scale-up)
- CRISIL to share its framework for credit rating of DF project (Incorporate learned KPIs in your Performance Management and reduce interest rates on your term loans)
- MSEDCL's topmost HR senior to share his handling of Discom employees deputation with 4 DFs in Maharashtra (Understand Discom's perspectives on employee deputation, and engage your employees better)
- PwC and IL&FS to share learnings from Transaction Advisory and Project Management across different states and projects (Learn best practices in project management of DF)
- Bescom's MD, NDPL's Chief Commercial Officer, and Essel's Consumer Experience Officer to share their customer engagement strategies that helped them cut losses and improve collections (Learn how the most essential of economic assets, is the health and strength of the company’s relationship with its customers)
- ABB, Infosys, Secure, IBM, A2Z to share their step forward in offering 'Managed Services Model' to DF and new PPP operators (Engage them and other Vendors participating to build a strong Service Provider Ecosystem, to start with strong domain partners on day one, and low upfront capex)
We assure this is no Generic conference, and is super value-pack with top 30+ Speakers, and 200+ all stakeholders. Best is in addition to Power Distribution, you will learn about equally fast emerging Water PPP models, and further diversify your company's Utility portfolio, more so as same Tier-2 and 3 towns are undergoing both PPPs. (by estimates, India has touched less than 1% market share of PPPs in utilities).
Consider investing in this high quality cross-learning by attending this conference yourself, and also nominating colleagues from your organisation - Corporate Strategy, Bid Team, BU Head, Operations Head, Customer Head, Finance Head, Contracts & Procurement Head.
- First of its kind conference - you can interact, write to and speak to the Speakers prior to the conference. Infact our Speakers would love this, to get better grounded with DF challenges. (You can write to me your views, and I can appropriately connect you with our Speakers. Time being short, request you make use of this week and weekend for doing this on priority. This way, you can be assured that your views and observations will find importance at the conference.)
- ZEE News shall be covering the conference, and has interest to speak to Utility veterans. Let know your interest on the same, as it could be good opportunity to rightly position your company's unique efforts to operationalise the DF model.
I am sure that you and your organisation will stand united and co-own this Industry effort to start re-constructing sustainability in our Utilities, and further improve end-services delivery to customers.
I and you can (I-U-KAN)!
Posted by: Kunjan Bagdia @ pManifold