This is a newsletter sent to mailing list of pManifold sharing Power Distribution Franchisee industry opportunities and updates.
Last month, the Power Distribution industry saw various developments across different states. Some of these are mentioned below. We hope you will find them useful.
- Jaipur Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Ltd (JVVNL) has floated a tender for Consultancy assistance to implement Distribution Franchisee in its 3 Discoms namely Jaipur, Ajmer and Jodhpur. 3 discoms have 18 areas for the study. Last date of bid submission is 26th September, 2013. (Read here)
- Bihar Discom has floated tenders for selection of implementing agency for 'Strengthening, Improvement and Augmentation of Distribution System Capacity" under Backward Region Grant Fund (BRGF) scheme on Turnkey basis. (Read here)
- Last date of PESU bid submission has been further extended until. (Read here)
- Jharkhand tender bid submission date for appointment of Rural Franchisee on the basis of 'Collection Based Model' has been extended until. (Read here)
- Selection of Input Based Distribution Franchisee for Dhanbad circle is cancelled. (Read here)
Roll Outs & Updates
- DPSCL, who won the bid for Gaya Power Distribution Franchisee, will be investing around Rs. 150-200 Cr. for reducing the AT&C losses. The company has been awarded LoI on 12th Aug, 2013. (Read here)
- A pilot project of smart meters successfully implemented in Jalgaon DF. This is one of the first project in India as meter communication is on Power Line Communication (PLC) basis. (Read here)
- Shri. A. K. Bohra, CEO of Nesco, Wesco and Southco, the distribution companies of Orissa is planning and evaluating options to go for Distribution Franchisee model. (Read here)
- A detailed base paper on CESU's engagement model on 'Input Based Franchisees with Incremental Revenue Sharing' in its 15 divisions. (Read here)
- RInfra, a power distribution company in Mumbai and Delhi license areas, is working with different SEBs and providing them integrated IT systems for automation and managing their networks. (Read here)
- Mr. Sanjay Sahay, VP - Sales, Infotech - Enterprises, shared his views on 'How meaningful GIS can be implemented in Indian Discoms and Franchisees'
- Mr. Rajiv Goyal, Head, Projects and Power Trading and Mr. Vikas Gupta, Manager, GIS from NPCL, shared their views on 'Avoiding mistakes with GIS implementation in Power Distribution Utilities'
- Mr. Gagan Aggarwal, MD, Creative Entrepreneurs, shared his views on 'What new business models need to emerge for more end-to-end managed services for new PPPs'
- Mr. Yashraj Khaitan, Co-founder and CEO, Grampower, shared his views on 'Bottom-up innovation: From Micro Grid in Indian villages to Smart Grid for urban Discoms'
- To provide superior customer services, Spanco Nagpur Discom Limited (SNDL) has introduced 'Mobile Bill Payment Vans' to ease and resolve customer issues. (Read here)
- pManifold launches Market Research report on "Interim (or Mini) Franchisee Opportunity in Power Distribution business in India 2013Q1" (Download free Executive Summary).
If you would like to know more about us, please contact at email@example.com.
Posted by: Kunjan Bagdia @ pManifold
Post a Comment